CWAC would like to hear your views on the draft budget proposals and emerging ideas contained in this section.
The feedback CWAC get will be published and help inform final decisions on the budget at the meeting of Full Council on 21 February 2019. The closing date for feedback is 2nd December 2018. This will enable all feedback to be shared with Councillors before the budget is set.
What we are consulting on
CWAC are consulting on the proposals we are considering to set a balanced budget for 2019/20. This is the last year of our four-year budget plan.
CWAC will soon develop a four-year plan for 2020/24. It will take into account national funding following the Government’s Spending Review and consider local priorities. Some emerging themes for the 2020/24 plan are considered in this document and we welcome your views now as we develop firmer proposals. This will be subject to a full consultation in 2019.
The consultation information is split into sections:
- Foreword by Councillor Samantha Dixon – Leader of the Council
- The story so far and challenges for the future
- Thriving People: Talks about proposals around services for people particularly in relation to children and adult social care.
- Thriving Places: Looks at Place services such as Highways, Environmental Services and Economic Development.
- Thriving Council: Presents a Treasury Management Strategy.
- Developing our next four-year plan: Explores early ideas to make further savings in the future.
How to take part
There are a number of ways to have your say.
- Complete the online feedback form to comment on how we bridge the budget gap to 2020 and beyond. This should take no longer than 10 minutes.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media: Let us know your views and encourage others to get involved on:
The consultation closes on 2 December 2018. The results will be published on the CWAC website in February 2019 so that you can see how your views have influenced decisions.