Cheshire Fire Authority has now published its draft Integrated Risk Management Plan (IRMP) 2019/2020 for consultation.
Every year the Authority publishes an Integrated Risk Management Plan (IRMP). This plan is about improving public safety, reducing the number of emergency incidents and saving lives.
The plan provides information on the risks facing Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service and details how the organisation is structured and operates to mitigate these risks. It also details how Cheshire Fire Authority is funded and outlines plans for the future, which include:
- Proposing to increase the Authority’s precept (council tax) by 2.99% in 2019/2020. The Authority currently levies £75.48 per year (£1.45 per week) for a Band D equivalent property in Cheshire.
- Continuing with a programme of work to improve how the Service recruits and retains on-call firefighters. On-call firefighters are members of the local community who live or work near to the fire station and use an alerter to respond to emergency calls when required.
- Undertake a staff engagement survey to measure the engagement of the workforce.
- Subject to planning permission, commence work on the development of a replacement, fit for purpose fire station in Chester on the site of the existing building on St Anne Street.
- Progress the development of an operational training centre at its Sadler Road site in Winsford.
- Plan for a joint fire and police facility on the site of the existing fire station in Macon Way, Crewe, alongside Cheshire Constabulary and the Police and Crime Commissioner.
- Begin work on a wider programme of modernisation across a number of fire stations and other properties.
- Commencing a ‘whole service’ review of the Service. This review will set the direction for the Service over the period 2020-2024. The outcomes of the review may be subject to consultation as part of future IRMPs, but to support this work we’d like you to let us know what you think our priorities should be and which activities you would like your fire and rescue service to undertake to improve the local community.
View the draft Plan
Please use the link below to view a copy of the full Integrated Risk Management Plan (IRMP) for 2019/2020 (the Year 16 plan) and a summary:
Note: A text-only version of the Integrated Risk Management Plan 2019/2020 has also been produced, for those people who cannot read the plan above. Here is the text-only version of the Integrated Risk Management Plan 2019/2020:
Have Your Say
We are consulting on our plan between Monday 1st October and Friday 4th January 2019 and we would welcome any views you may have on our draft Plan. Please take the opportunity to fill in this short online survey through the link below:
Alternatively, you can feedback any comments through the Service’s Facebook or Twitter accounts, by emailing email@example.com or calling us on 01606 868700.
We will be holding a series of consultation roadshows across Cheshire during October and November, where we will be handing out copies of the summary draft IRMP and paper copies of our survey alongside fire safety leaflets.
These dates are published below and will be advertised on our social media accounts.
- Chester – at Morrisons on 10th October, 11am start – 72 Liverpool Road, Chester CH2 1AU
- Ellsemere Port – at ASDA on 16th October, 11am start – Grange Road, Ellesmere Port CH65 0BZ
- Crewe – at ASDA on 25th October, 11am start – Victoria Centre (Asda), Newdigate Street, Crewe CW1 2PT
- Macclesfield – at Sainsbury’s on 30th October, 11am start – 61 Cumberland Street, Macclesfield SK10 1BJ
- Runcorn – at ASDA on 5th November, 11am start – West Lane, Runcorn WA7 2PY
- Birchwood – at ASDA on 9th November, 11am start – 1 Dewhurst Road, Birchwood, Warrington WA3 7PG
- Widnes – at ASDA on 13th November, 11am start – Widnes Road, Widnes WA8 6AH
- Warrington – at Tesco Extra on 21st November, 11am start – Winwick Road, Warrington, WA2 7NE
We will also be consulting with our staff, cadets and volunteers and with a range of stakeholders across Cheshire such as representative bodies, local authorities and community/voluntary groups.
Feedback from the consultation on the draft Plan will be provided for Members of Cheshire Fire Authority to consider at the meeting of Cheshire Fire Authority on Wednesday 13th February 2019.